The end of the year is a good time to pause and reflect on our lives – preparing oursleves for the newness of the coming year.
This week I have taken some time to think about what makes me proud of Spirit in Action? What are we doing that I think is unique and valuable for the world? How do we act that creates more honesty and truth in the world?
Here are the top 6 (I couldn’t keep it to only 5!) things about my work that makes me proud:
- We are a small-scale organization, with a focus on small-scale projects, and have a direct impact on others in need.
- We work for long-range development rather than respond to crises.
- We treat our grant recipients like partners rather than victims.
- We maintain a strong spiritual core that is not doctrinal.
- Our coordinators volunteer their time because they are passionate about improving their lives and the lives of others.
- (For me personally) I get to tell other people about our projects, sharing stories of hope and opportunity.
What about SIA makes you proud? Let us know by posting a comment below!
Keeping the Dream Alive
This year we asked for your financial help and have been so humbled by the response! People have shared both encouraging words and financial donations. We rely on individual donations for 100% of our funding, so your contributions (along with the Board Challenge Fund) are crucial for SIA to be able to continue our passionate work that makes me so proud.
I want specifically to thank those donors who have joined our Dreamer’s Circle by making monthly contributions to SIA. Thank you!
- Ed and Pilar Ruddell
- Wendy and Terry Silverthorn
- Teresa Smith
- Anonymous (2)
It not too late to support Spirit in Action in 2010! Your contribution will support people and projects like these: