With hearts full of gratitude, we extend this invitation to celebrate the life of Lucile Anderson (wife of Spirit in Action’s founder, Del Anderson) on April 25th in Oakland, CA. Please see the invite from Lucile’s family for details and how to RSVP.
Lucile’s son, Rob Hanford, shares that in her last days Lucile was “still growing, still teaching. It was amazing and uplifting to see the genuine love that the staff at Windsor had for mom, and the deep sadness at her passing. When you consider that she couldn’t speak during the six years she was there, her presence was very strong.”
We honor the beautiful spirit in Lucile and the kindness, love, and generosity she shared with the world!
Marsha Johnson, SIA Advisory Board member and former SIA Administrator, remembers: “I could always count on Lucile to thoughtfully speak her truth, whether in a meeting or in a private conversation together. I knew that this “truth” was preceded by prayerful pondering, and then Lucile would say something like: “My guidance is……””
Del and Lucile had quiet time together every morning. Perhaps these words from Del (from 2006) might have been thoughts they pondered during these prayerful times together.
Wisdom from Del: The Path of Transformation
- Begin right where you are with what you have.
- Give thanks to God for the gift of your own special life.
- Thank God for family, friends, community and for all that has brought you to this present, holy moment.
- Each day, spend time with God in the silence, sensing God’s Spirit of love within YOU.
- Let go of all that binds and limits you, and sense God’s empowering Spirit coming forth within you more and more fully, day by day.
- Open to gratitude, expectation and wonder.
- Recognize that you are a Spiritual being with God’s indwelling Spirit activating you.
- In the quiet, sense the true needs of yourself, your family, your community.
- Lay these true needs before God, opening to God’s guidance and empowerment, letting God come forth in every aspect of your life.