Our small scale programs provide micro-grants of US$150 and small business training to entrepreneurs with the potential to improve their lives, as well as grants of US$100 – $3,000 to small, grassroots, community-based organizations who are working together to support vulnerable families.
Spirit in Action’s (SIA) work is based on the belief that a small grant and sincere encouragement can enable people to tap into their own potential. We know that this is the most important element leading to better food and nutrition, education, better housing, etc. for people struggling to survive and thrive in the developing world—the opportunity to discover their personal self-worth and collective power.
SIA does not act as “experts” about the best ways to create development. Our grantees are the true experts.
We support people working together to improve their lives, gain greater financial stability, and learn important skills. Our programs include:
- Micro-grants and business training through the SIA Small Business Fund
- Community Grants for grassroots groups in developing countries
- Giving seed packets and bio-intensive gardening information
- Sharing inspirational literature
- Answering questions and providing self-help Information
- Encouraging all on their path, regardless of faith tradition, age, or gender
*For a map of SIA grants since 2007, please see Where We Work.
To find out how you can support these programs, click here.